Always keeping Labour’s values at the centre of what we do, our plans and actions. Your Labour Council in Exeter are investing in and improving our council housing, making better homes for Exeter people.
Council housing is a great force for good in society so we are excited that our Laboour led Council will be building an extra 500 super energy efficient properties over the next few years. We are currently on track to go well beyond this so that future generations can enjoy safe, secure and affordable homes.
The Labour led City Council are building an extra 500 super energy efficient council homes and are starting on a project to ‘retro-fit’ existing Council homes to make them climate ready and more energy efficient.
The quality of the Housing Service looking after the properties and supporting tenants is equally important. Looking back on the year 2019-20 the Tenant Annual Report makes it clear that there is a high standard social housing already there and we intend to invest in and improve in these Exeter homes as we build for the future.
The Tenant Annual Report for 2019-20 also shows that the council is providing a great service for tenants with many areas of improvement from the previous year.
The Annual report reveals that in the last year the Labour-run council
- Continued to implement our Clear and Safe Policy to reduce the risk of fire
- Managed to complete repairs more quickly than in the previous year
- Made significant improvements to our housing stock
- Introduced specialist resident involvement
- Promoted health and well-being initiatives in our neighbourhoods
- Supported homeless people through the ‘Housing First’ initiative
Click on this link to download the full Annual Tenant Report 2019 -20